Planning Analytics (PA) has been available for over a year, first on the cloud as "Software as a Service" (SaaS) and, since December 2016, as traditional "On Premises" software. We at InfoCat have been following the development of PA since we saw early, pre-beta, versions at IBM's Vision conference in May 2015 and are very excited by its capabilities.
It is evolving rapidly and now provides rich graphical dashboarding features and optimised performance over the internet as well as further enhancing the powerful TM1 engine that so many customers know and love.
However, there does seem to be some confusion among existing TM1 and Cognos Express users about what PA actually is and the IBM marketing doesn't always make it clear! We are often asked: Is it a completely new product, does it replace TM1, what is the difference between the cloud and on-premises versions and so on. To help explain this, InfoCat has put together a document responding to the most common questions shown below:
1. What is Planning Analytics
2. How does the Local version differ from the Cloud\SaaS version
3. What is included in Planning Analytics Local
4. Does Planning Analytics replace TM1 and Cognos Express
5. Can I upgrade to Planning Analytics Local
6. Will it cost anything to upgrade
7. Must I upgrade to Planning Analytics to get the latest TM1 version
8. Will Planning Analytics Local run on my existing hardware
9. What will happen to my existing TM1 and Cognos Express applications
10. What is IBM's vision\road map for TM1 and Planning Analytics
11. Will IBM continue to support the existing interfaces
12. How can I find out about the new Planning Analytics features
Click here to download the answers...
InfoCat is also running a series of webinars demonstrating the new features of Planning Analytics. Details are shown on our events page www.infocat.co.uk/events